We know moving abroad is often a daunting task – no matter how much prepared you are for your move, there is always something that you didn’t think about. Nervous about your move? Don’t worry – Spotahome has created a guide on moving to France, full of useful information, apartment services, blogs and books – and we will continue to update it!
Spotahome French Guides:
- Guide on How to Get French Citizenship
- Opening a Bank Account in France
- How to Get a French Driver’s Licence
- Documents You Need to Rent An Apartment in France
Useful services in France:
- YoupiJob offers high-quality and secured apartment e-services, less expensive and more affordable than the services provided by a professional agency. Are you moving to Paris? You can find strong arms to carry your heaviest bags! In need of a cleaner, housekeeper or a babysitter in France? Check out YoupiJob e-service!
- Cocolis – Are you tired of paying extortionate amounts just to send your package from A to B? Cocolis is a smart service that eliminates up to 80% of unnecessary delivery charges – you can now send your parcel with someone who is already travelling to your destination. Just place your ad on the website and wait for an offer! Like BlaBlaCar, but for parcels!
- Selectra – Moving to France? It doesn’t have to be difficult! Find best energy and broadband deals with Selectra – your new favorite French service! 135,000 households used for their electricity provider in 2015, making it one of the most trustworthy services in France. Best part? Their customer service speaks English and is able to answer every question related to your move to France!
Want your service to be listed in this post? Send an email to [email protected]!
- Moving to France? Here's What to Pack
- Why You Should Live Abroad at Least Once
- How to Make the Most of Your Erasmus Year in France
- How to Become a Freelancer in France: An Easy Guide
Best French news sites:
Our favorite French bloggers:
Our favorite books on life in France:
- A Call From France – Catherine Broughton
- Live & Work in France – Jack Sims
- The Sweet Life in Paris: Delicious Adventures in the World’s Most Glorious – and Perplexing – City – David Lebovit
Want to add a blog, a book or write a blog post about moving to France? Send us an email on blog(at)spotahome.com!