Disclaimer: This is a list of sources that deal with the subject of Mietendeckel and does not provide any form of advice, legal or otherwise.
Status as of 11.05.2020
General information on the law:
- Deloitte: Mietendeckel Berlin
- DW: Berlin rent cap takes effect
- DW: Berlin’s new rent freeze - How it compares globally
- Engel & Völkers: Rent price cap Berlin FAQ
- Knauthe: Berlin rent cap Knauthe FAQ
Is the rent cap unconstitutional?
- thelocal.de: Why Berlin's rent price cap could be unconstitutional
- Noerr: Rent cap may be ruled unconstitutional
- Lexology: Berlin Rent Cap Act Finally Adopted but Uncertainties Remain
- KCRW Berlin: Berlin passes the first rent cap law in Germany
During the debate ahead of the vote, CDU faction leader Burkard Dregger had said he expects the cap to fail when challenged in the Constitutional Court.“Their so-called rent cap law will not stand up to scrutiny by the Constitutional Court,” Dregger said. “How bitter this will be for the tenants, in the end the tenants will be exposed to rent demands, because the rent cap law is already unconstitutional due to the lack of legislative competence of the state.” (Source KCRW)